Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm

C:V Questionaire

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Ye or Ne?

Go for It!
100%
Nah!
No votes

Total votes : 3

C:V Questionaire

Postby Chad Rains » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:39 pm

Ok. so an idea crossed my mind here. Since both my own site and FF.net dont provide any real functional means of decent comments, reviews, and ratings of my work, I had worked up the idea of simply converting the site over into mainly a BB such as phpbb where I can post my own stuff there and then people can come in and reply with comments as they wish. as well, this would give me an easier method to update my stories.

The only real downside is that I would probably end up losing my current theme unless I can get someone who's good at phpbb style building to make one for me based on my current theme.

Questions? Comments?
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Star Way » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:12 pm

I really like this idea, as a matter of fact. I think it would be awesome to have another forum JUST for people to post their fanfics to. (Like, not just you... like, a whole community.) I mean, let's face it... FFN is crap. :/

Of course, if you were going to maybe think of doing something like that, I'd be bugging you to go pro and buy a vBulletin.

Then again, I doubt you want to do that so I'll be quiet. xD
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Chad Rains » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:08 pm

What i might do for the time being while I wait to see where this poll heads is look around at the various BB software out there (mainly phpbb, ipb, and vb for the most part) and see what kind of features/mods would work well with what im going for and then set up a temp. forum to get a feel for how the whole thing is going to be setup. who knows, I might just go with vB. I know a friend of mine is pretty active in the vB community to where he could probably get me a good discount on a "rented" license.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Chad Rains » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:44 pm

Ok. Ive been playing around with the idea for a bit and I must say that im quite pleased with it so far. Ive got the test forum up here. The permissions are properly set to where Im the only one who can post new topics, but everyone else can reply to them. The only "free range" forum is the guestbook forum which is appropriate.

My main task tonight has simply been to get the theme customized to my liking and get atleast some of my work posted up.

Also, ive been thinking about your idea Star Way, about a forum dedicated for people to post their fanfics. And I really like that idea. sort of like a simmered down version of "The Factory" over at the official CL boards (good concept, but the overwhelming spam just null and voids the usefulness of that forum). If things do work out with this new setup as an organized way to store my works and allow comments and reviews on them, I may just open the forum up a bit for other LF members to post their works/fanfics as well. Maybe do ike a separate category and give each member (upon request of course) their own forum fully administered and moderated by them with the same general permissions as Ive already set up for myself.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member