Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:54 am

LyokoFreakersFiction (LF member's fanfiction forum) - DEV

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby comex » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:17 pm

Which it isn't. ;p

comex offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Chad Rains » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:47 pm

there is an option to turn of TinyMCE, but its sitewide. I will turn it off for the time being and see how things go. For all intentional purposes, I would assume that most people would start the fanfics in a word processor, in which case they could simply upload the file directly to the site (I havent yet been able to test it myself, so let me know how that part works.) totally bypassing the story entry field and TinyMCE in general.

also, im assuming the issues with the slowness are related to the various issues currently plaguing a section of the sprintlink.net network (a mess of New England customers that go through routers in Chicago seem to be having issues with outrageous pings and spotty uptime). Although I seem to be getting the better end of the deal with pretty much 100% uptime, 95% of my advertised speed, and ping times in the double digits. If anyone here has a chance, try doing a tracert to wpkr.homeip.net and let me know what it reads.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Sanji » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:47 am

Hooray im back, and i like this idea, how about you change its name to...I dunnoo..Virtualisation Emancipation, orr...LFFIX (Lyoko Freak Fics, but spelt in a coool way :P)
...I am the stone that the builder refused I am the visual, the inspiration, that made lady sing the blues, I am the spark that makes your idea bright, the same spark that lights the dark so you can know your left from your right, I am the ballot in your box the bullet, in the gun the inner glow that lets you know to call your brother son, the story has just begun the promise of whats to come and I'll remain a soldier till the war is won.
Sanji offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Saphire-089 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:35 pm

This site looks alot better than FF.net. :)
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Chad Rains » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:52 am

Just figured I would post a note here as well that the site is moving somewhat permanently to a new server. you can find the site now at either http://lff.go.dyndns.org/ or http://www.pokeradio.com/CV/LFF/ . everything has been sucessfully transffered. nothing lost. Enjoy! :)
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lotho » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:07 am

The reason for the slowness is usually because you are using a regular connection. ISP's usually don't give you a lot of upstream bandwidth. As in my case I had 800+KBps downstream but only a max of 55KBps upstream. Another reason could be that you got capped. Comex knows all about that.
Lotho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Chad Rains » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:17 am

nah. that really isnt much of a problem and not really the reason why I had the sites moved. my main concern is that we are switching ISP's tomorrow and unfortunately our new ISP provides some real crappy upload down around the 256k mark. The one im currently on now we usually max out around 600k on the upside. The only good point of this move is im getting bumped from 3mbit down to 5mbit and my pings will probably lower from my current 70ms down to around 40-50ms.

The reason why we had to move was because the phone company had some glitches on our account a while back where we had to have the DSL account re-added to our line. what we didnt realize is that this was considered as a full termination and signup. so we got mis-advertently slapped with a $100 early termination fee and another $50 activation fee on top of the usual $100+ monthly bill. So we just decided to switch to the full cable/phone/internet package from the cable company which comes to around $140 total including a few extras we added on like the movie channels
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Chad Rains » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:55 pm

Just wanted to let you know I havent totally neglected this idea. Rather amidst the chaos and various hosting problems, its been left on the backburner and at one point lost altogether.

But upon further inspection and looking over the junk on my flash drive here, ive got a full backup dated back in January. I put it back up and all seems to be well intact from what I can tell. It is currently temporarily accessible from http://wpkr.homeip.net/LFF/ for those curious.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Chad Rains » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:38 am

Just a quick update that I updated the eficition software to the latest stable version and also the url has changed to http://lff.ath.cx/ (about the shortest url I could find in dyndns.org's list)
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Star Way » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:48 am

Yay! I'm so glad the site's still a go. :D

Let me know if you want to take me up on my offer to host you. I can give you FTP access and stuff. :3
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Chad Rains » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:01 pm

Of course I wouldnt say no to the offer. Your call. :)
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Chad Rains » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:15 am

Just a quicky update. Props to our very own StarWay for hosting LFF. You can now get to the site through http://lff.lyokofreak.net/ .

Also during this move I modded the site a bit and now each individual user can turn the WYSIWYG editor on and off as they please.

Enjoy! :)
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Star Way » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:33 am

Yay! *claps* Looks great!
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:05 am

I still ask for an area where one can place Lyoko freak related stories, while not Directly (or mabey so) related to Code Lyoko themselves, as Livejournal is not fit, ffnet doen't allow it, and everything gets swallowed in the forums.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Correct Link as of 12/30/09

Postby LFF Official Link » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:47 am

LFF Official Link offline

Re: Correct Link as of 12/30/09

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:48 pm

LFF Official Link wrote:LyokoFreaker'sFanfiction

Yes, this site still exists. No, new fic is not happening anymore. Unfortunately, spambots have taken over the reviews.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Previous