Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

BY GEORGE, IT'S A DRABBLE GAME. (CL STYLE)

All forum games go here. This is not for discussion of video games or any other kinds of games, though, so please put any such posts in General Discussion.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby green » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:19 am

Biblioholic wrote:
The Other teapot wrote:I think I'll grab this one (sorry if you wanted it, Taelia :()

/placeholders

All well and good, reserving a spot, but please do leave a new prompt and some characters. Or just a general request. Whatever works for you.

oops, sorry. It's up now.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ArgentDandelion » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Characters: Odd and Sissi again
Prompt: Tension

"This must be the most ridiculous science project ever known to mankind.'' Odd complained, slathering a strongly-aromatic oil onto his hands. "For once, there's something I can agree with you on." Sissi replied, applying pressure to the science teacher's bare back. "Less talk, more massaging." Mrs. Hertz reminded sternly. "That tension in my back isn't going away by itself, you know."

......because this was funner to write than talking about tension in a rubber band.

Characters: Jeremie and Ael---no, William
Prompt: Peanut butter
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:10 pm

Ah, Jeremie and William. My Code Lyoko OTP.

Anyway, peanut butter.

Jeremie sped into the cafeteria, late to breakfast once again. Nearly colliding into the serving line, he gasped to Rosa. "Sorry... overslept... again..."

"All I've got left for you is this peanut butter sandwich."

William suddenly crashed into Jeremie. "SorryRosaIoverslept! Pleasetellmethere'sfoodleft," he gasped.

"You two deal with it," she said dismissively.

Jeremie and William both looked at the lone sandwich. The bread looked dry, there wasn't nearly enough peanut butter, and there wasn't any milk to go with it. But they were hungry. In unison, they glanced at their stomachs, than straight in each other's eyes.

Jeremie whipped off his glasses and puffed out his chest. "Let's do this, Dunbar."

Each boy raised a fist. "You asked for it," William said, wearing a disturbingly XANA-esque grin. "This is sudden death. One chance. Winner takes all."

The young genius replaced his glasses then brought his fist swinging down. Sweat rolled down the side of his face. "One, two, three, shoot!"

Staring at each other down like madmen, each boy brandished a flat hand. Paper.

"Well, now what?" William asked.

Characters: Sissi, Mr. Delmas
Subject: Mother's Day

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ArgentDandelion » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:48 pm

"Darling, I decided to visit you for Mother's Day...." Sissi's mother cheerily greeted as she stood next to her husband. Sissi, with unusual affection, rushed over to hug her. Mr. Delmas resumed his falsetto and moved the puppet's limbs. "Sorry I have not visited in a while, because you now how busy my work makes me...."

"I'm...I'm just glad you could come, and...." Sissi blinked. "When did you speak in falsetto?"

"I have contracted severe bronchitis, dear. A coworker sneezed in business."

"I never knew bronchitis was infectious."

Mr. Delmas paused. Was it infectious?

Prompt: Scooters
Characters: Surprisingly not Jeremie or Aelita.....any combination of these characters: Yolanda Perraudin, Herb, Nicholas, Theo, Emanuel, Gustave Chardin
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:24 pm

"Darling, I decided to visit you for Mother's Day...." Sissi's mother cheerily greeted as she stood next to her husband. Sissi, with unusual affection, rushed over to hug her. Mr. Delmas resumed his falsetto and moved the puppet's limbs. "Sorry I have not visited in a while, because you now how busy my work makes me...."

"I'm...I'm just glad you could come, and...." Sissi blinked. "When did you speak in falsetto?"

"I have contracted severe bronchitis, dear. A coworker sneezed in business."

"I never knew bronchitis was infectious."

Now if only we actually SAW Mrs. Delmas! :cussout:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ArgentDandelion » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:37 pm

(....it's not like I knew what she looked like....or how she would act....)
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:18 am

ArgentDandelion wrote:Prompt: Scooters
Yolanda Perraudin, Herb, Nicholas, Theo, Emanuel, Gustave Chardin

It wasn't until after the catastrophies that the faculty realized the flaws in the student's protests to attemtp an 'extreme floor scooter' club to increase athleticism, such as: Emanuel's hair caught in the wheels, a collision between the duo Herve and Nicholas when trying to show off (ending in a rather embarrassing incident with bike shorts and hair wax), with young Theo stealing the victory and impressing the principal's daughter, and, unfortunately, breaking the art teacher's leg -- even after all of that, that Yolanda, the sole woman responsible for mending the aches and bumps and ruined hair could ease back in her chair with a glass of city water and a few pills of Excedrin.

And be gentle- it's my first time with a drabble. One sentence, and a bonus Sissi for the kiddies~

Prompt: The color black
Character: Aelita

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:28 am

CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM!

New prompt/characters: The whole gang out to eat at a restaurant. Make it funny.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:48 am

Aelita idly blew at a wisp of her pink hair. She quietly lay down in the bed at her dorm, not making any motion to change out of her pajamas and prepare for today's school. Eventually Jeremie came to knock at her door. "Aelita? Is something wrong?"

Aelita huffed and turned on her side.

Jeremie slowly opened the door. "Aelita, what are you doing? We need to get to class! Why are you still in---"

"Leave me alone, Jeremie."

Jeremie was stunned at how harsh her tone was. Something was wrong.

"I don't want anyone to bother me today." Aelita added frustratedly. "So leave me be and go on to your classes. I'll be fine, just staying here."

"Fine." Jeremie replied defensively, proceeding towards the door. "I just hope that----"

There was an alarming beeping noise in his bag. Jeremie shifted to grab ahold of the bag, kneeling down to look at the monitor. "I spoke too soon! An activated tower!"

Aelita groaned but made no further acknowledgement.

“Come on, Aelita. We need you.â€
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:59 am

ArgentDandelion wrote:
Prompt: Obnoxious accents.
Characters: Gustave Chardin.

(I'm not sure how claims work. Does that mean my entry is voided?)

Nah, just means there's two prompts now. Yours, and mine. So, either
-The whole gang out at a restaurant
-Prompt: Obnoxious accents.
Characters: Gustave Chardin.

And here's the drabble for the prompt AD beat me to. Mixes S1 events with later season's info. It's been so long since I've seen an episode, my canon is all mashed together into one mass of CL knowledge.

Prompt: Black
Character: Aelita
Words: 200
Rating: PG

For a while, black was all she saw. Superficially, she knew she actually had to open her eyelids to be able to see, but not having physically done so in a dozen or so years made the process seem rather complex.

Besides, this darkness was nice. Boring, but nice.

There were voices, though - muffled as if impeded not by shut eyes, but by dense metal. Perhaps her ears were faulty after they, too, had gone unused for so long.

And there was a sense of cold seeping through...was that her clothes? Certainly it was not the outfit she's grown accustomed to during her Lyokan sojourn. They seemed scratchy yet strangely comfortable. If it weren't for the overwhelming blackness surrounding her, she could see what she was clad in.

All this concentrating on the nothing ness that seemingly held everything was tiring. If doing nothing except simply being was this exhausting, she was not sure she could handle what was outside. Without realizing it, she let sleep claim her as the light poured in.

With a hiss and a cloud of smoke, a tube opened. A circle of captivated faces witnessed a life pulled from the darkness and triumphantly resumed.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:01 am

(Call me Dandelion, not AD. I will not be referred to by acroynyms.)

"Why are we in a restaurant....?'' Jeremie questioned, startled after being plucked from his chair and warped through space to a nearby restaurant.

"Maybe it's a XANA attack." Ulrich proposed, not suspecting anything other than XANA to be responsible for such inexplicable events. He wished he could have changed into something more substantial than a bathrobe when he was also plucked through space. Then again, typically, when washing, he wore only a magnetically-attached-to-his-waist towel....

"What....is...this?''

Yumi stated, aghast. A pudgy, slimy hunk of brownish flesh, slathered in some viscous yellow fluid and topped with shriveled, crinkly green slabs stared at them from a nearby table.

''It's called a hamburger, Yumi. They're more popular in the US....."

"I don't trust it." Ulrich adamantly stated. "It's probably poisonous. Just another one of XANA's tricks."

"Great! I get included too!" William happily said. "Most fans barely even acknowledge I am a Lyoko Warrior like the rest of you!â€
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:24 am

Well, not my best...I am no Carth when it comes to writing Clone William.

Prompt: Allergies
Characters: William (and Ms. Hertz)
Words: 225

After the 18th sneeze (and accompanying sniffle) interrupting her lesson, Ms. Hertz had decided enough was enough.

"Mr. Dunbar, just what is that all over your shirt?"

The student in question took a second before looking down at his normal black attire. The globules of unidentifiable origin were conspicuous in their brightness against the dark fabric.

"Um, maybe they're new friends of mine?"

This prompted a round of laughter in the classroom, which Ms. Hertz was quick to squash with a withering look.

"No, it would appear that they are merely byproducts of…whatever it is that is ailing you. Allergies, probably."

Ms. Hertz waited for an acknowledgement, but all she received was a black stare and a "Huh?" from William.

"If you want, you may be excused to clean yourself up. I expect you back promptly, though."

"But, my friends…"

"They are no such thing!" Ms. Hertz was more flustered than angry. "It is just…" and she couldn't bring herself to finish the sentence.

For the first time in the conversation, William looked attentive. "What is it, teacher lady?"

Ms. Hertz was sure a vein on her temple was pulsing. "Snot."

And the class dissolved into giggles – except for William. He just looked down at himself again. Lost amidst the mirth of the classroom, William whispered, "Why hello there, snot. Will you be my friend?"

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:41 am

Prompt: Shooting stars (Because Aelita is, indeed, shooting stars.)
Characters: Any couple

Aelita brought out a gun. "Prepare to meet your doom, incandescent balls of fire!" she yelled maliciously, her voice having an electronic tinge from possession.

"Aelita! No!"

Aelita swerved the gun at Jeremie. "Stay out of the way, pathetic insect! I have higher things on my priority than you...."

How could I thought it would save her? How....ridiculous it was to think that.... Jeremie reprimanded himself.

"On second thought, those balls of fire can wait. You have the honor of dying first." Aelita pulled the trigger.

A tremendous blast of electricity shot out, and Jeremie staggered backward, uncounscious.

Then Gustave Chardin approached the scene and said something inconsequential in his thick French accent. "NOOOO!" XANA-Aelita shrieked as a specter was dispelled from her body, and she fell uncounscious. Gustave Chardin withdrew his exorcism book back into his coat and headed back to the theater. Entering a code into a hidden panel, the wall slid open and he sat at an computer with a picture of a hula dancer on the side of the monitor. "Return to the Past now." A white sphere of light expanded, and the couple would never recall the incident.

Since my challenges seem too difficult for most people, this should be easier.
Prompt: Anything, as long as I am in it, or at least my name mentioned somehow---the name of a book, a codename for a program, a brand of designer clothing, etc.
Characters: Anyone, as long as I am in it or mentioned.
Last edited by ArgentDandelion on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:52 am

ArgentDandelion wrote:(Call me Dandelion, not AD. I will not be referred to by acroynyms.)
Why so serious, AD?

Er... how do you play/post on the CL Drabbles?

Edit: Oh, just read it. Well, here goes my attempt. Hope I got it right.

Prompt: Anything, as long as I am in it, or at least my name mentioned somehow---the name of a book, a codename for a program, a brand of designer clothing, etc.
Characters: Anyone, as long as I am in it or mentioned.

During lunch break, Odd went to the computer and checked his email to see if Ulrich sent him sexy pictures as he promised. There was a new email, but located under the Junk folder. He checked it, and noticed the title saying "Re: AD".

"AD?", Odd spoke. He opened the email and noticed that it was an advertisement mail for a book titled "AD: The Adventures Of ArgentDandelion". Odd, not a guy fond of reading books, deleted the email right away.

"AD? Not too interested in that. I already have my own adventures in Lyoko to talk about." And he left the computer and went to his bed to cuddle Kiwi. "I love you, my diggity-diggity dog!"

===========

Hope I got it right.

Prompt: Odd's funeral.
Characters: Anyone.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:01 pm

MY85 wrote:Prompt: Odd's funeral.
Characters: Anyone.

Forgive me, for this is super-short.

Suddenly, the casket lid sprung open. A gasp went through the solemn funeral home. A couple of screams pierced the air, and the thud of someone fainting out of their chair echoed.

The four mourners in the front row seemed to be the only ones aware of what was really going on. They sighed the sigh of the long-suffering as one, and rose to close the casket lid.

"C'mon, everyone together," Ulrich intoned. "One, two three!" The gang shoved down, yet the casket did not close.

Odd laid at rest. The same could not be said, however, for his hair.

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:31 am

Prompt: Libraries
Characters: Any
(Season 1)

''Tell me about libraries."

"Well, aside from being information databases, they serve as quiet places to rest." Jeremie whispered. Aelita seemed to understand the concept of resting now.

"We absorb information from the books there. They are like little files that we go through, and we absorb the information by looking at little markings on the pages."

"Markings? What kind of markings?"

"The markings make words, in written form. They are made from alphabets---specific collections of markings."

"Words.....like on the Tower interface. I think I understand that now." Aelita realized, remembering her experiences in the towers and the words on the interfaces. She did not know they were made from alphabets, through.

"It's fascinating how Lyoko happens to share something with your world--- like words." Aelita stated, smiling.

Prompt: Hair care.
Characters: Emanuel.

(I still would have appreciated your advice more if you tried posting a Drabble…it is disparaging to feel like a topic freezer, since people rarely post fairly swiftly after me.)
Last edited by ArgentDandelion on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:38 pm

ArgentDandelion wrote:Prompt: ANYTHING. Simply write. Please.
Characters: Emanuel. Maybe he could encounter his doppelganger William? Maybe he could ask Odd for hair care tips? Maybe he’s William’s twin sister with a masculine name? Please write something.

Dandelion, just a suggestion, but maybe choose one of those prompts you wrote in the "Characters" section, and put it under "Prompts"? Just putting "Anything" kinda defeats the purpose of the game (since it's a challenge to see what you can write based on a specific idea), especially if you're going to put suggestions elsewhere anyway (don't worry about people writing. They'll write. It's the whole point of the game. *smiles* ). ^^ Just a helpful tip. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
ArgentDandelion wrote:Prompt: ANYTHING. Simply write. Please.
Characters: Emanuel. Maybe he could encounter his doppelganger William? Maybe he could ask Odd for hair care tips? Maybe he’s William’s twin sister with a masculine name? Please write something.

Dandelion, just a suggestion, but maybe choose one of those prompts you wrote in the "Characters" section, and put it under "Prompts"? Just putting "Anything" kinda defeats the purpose of the game (since it's a challenge to see what you can write based on a specific idea), especially if you're going to put suggestions elsewhere anyway (don't worry about people writing. They'll write. It's the whole point of the game. *smiles* ). ^^ Just a helpful tip. :)

It also helps if it's a character someone's heard of. I don't even know who the character for this prompt is. My Google-fu says he auditioned for the band the kids fromed way back when. That's not much to base a ddrabble off of.

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:28 pm

http://www.editthis.info/code_WIKi/Emmanuel_Maillard
In short: He tried out for the Pop Rock Progressives, a one-episode band formed in Seeing is Believing, but failed to be included due to his playing a heavy metal rhythm instead of the one Odd wanted. (He did not care that he did not make it) He was briefly shown zombified in Attack of the Zombies and is often mistaken for William, due to similar appearance and voice. I am supposed to make things a challenge, but lately, when I do so, people have no inclination to make a Drabble for it. Since we know little of his personality, the person making the Drabble could easily extrapolate on him and give him some personality details.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Just to get this prompt over with...(Can we please stick with people that don't have to be wiki'd just so the prompt gets done? IT helps the game stay alive that way...)

Prompt: Hair care.
Characters: Emanuel.

After Emanuel left the audition area, the rest of the Pop Rock Progressives clustered around each other, furtively whispering even though they were the only ones there.

"Well, I had to give him some reason we weren't going to accept him!" Odd whined.

"And you're sure insulting his music was the best way to go?" Yumi's sarcasm could barely be contained.

"Well, it was better than telling him the truth," Ulrich retorted. No one had a comeback, becuase they all knew he was right.

"Seriously, though," Odd began. "Just because you've got rock star hair doesn't make you a rock star." The others nodded.

"And it's not even GOOD rock star hair!" Yumi blurted out.

"He really should wash it once in a while. The odor..." Ulrich shuddred, as did Yumi. Odd, however, had one last quip.

"At least I use gel to get my hair to behave. I don't even want to know what that kid's got going on up there."

And then the next audition showed up, and the subject was forgotten.

New prompt: Motivation
New character: Anyone

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:37 pm

New prompt: Motivation
New character: Anyone

Physical features cascaded over the bulky wireframe suspended a few feet off the ground. Jim Morales materialized and landed awkwardly on his rear before rising to his feet and looking at the scenery.
''It reminds me of one of those war simulator programs I helped make in the army..."
"You made war simulator programs?" Odd inquired curiously.
"I'd rather not talk about it."

"Really, Jim? Why not? Lyoko is the perfect place to talk about...''

"A swarm of Hornets coming your way." Jeremie's voice warned from above.

"Hey Jimbo, how's this for motivation?"

The swarm of Hornets flew closer in, swerving as they approached.

"If I take out more monsters than you, you have to tell me about that war simulator program."

“Er, ah….of course! I’m tough enough for that! I accept your challenge!â€
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:22 am

Prompt: Trust
Character: William
Words: 175

William eyed Sissi with open skepticism as she sauntered up to him. Her hair swayed behind her with the force of her steps. Noticeably absent in her wake were her hangers-on, Herve and Nicholas. Williams concealed a grin at this.

She'd only be coming to him, after all, if Ulrich was involved, and her "friends" had already failed her. Whatever she needed, it was bound to be a big deal to her. The set of her mouth, the glint in her eyes, the speed with which she approached - they all signified importance to William.

He was going to enjoy shutting her down before she even got started.

"William, I'm glad I found you," Sissi practically cooed as she reached the tree William was reclined under. "I have..."

William stood and leaned in very close to Sissi's face, cutting the girl off mid-sentence. Voice gravely and low, William spoke into Sissi's ear, "I do not trust you. At all."

He let his hand brush hers, now hanging limply by her sides, as he walked away.

Whee, I liked that prompt. Or at least the drabble...

New prompt/character: Any one character exploring under another character's bed

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:22 am

Prompt: Any one character exploring under another character's bed

Odd shifted. His back was starting to become sore, but Jim was sure to be coming back to his bed sometime. It was all part of a lovely joke he coordinated. But for now, simply waiting for him to flop onto his bed was boring. Odd decided to crawl away from his position and explore beneath Jim's bed, for that would certainly be more entertaining than staying still. But when Odd's fingers grasped a heart-shaped wooden frame...

Odd leaned closer to the edge of the bed, where there was a little more light between the bed and the wall. The person in the picture frame was now clear. ''Ms. Hertz?''

Prompt: Email spam
Characters: Anyone
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Asantewaalrus » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Yeah, I don't know. : o

It sat there looking, making a mockery out of all the hard work put forth—could these enhancements help with world domination, did these implants have fatal effects on enemies? The message’s content seemed lethal, and lethal was always a good thing.

XANA had never been one for help, but the potential these… messages had were too much to deny. One click and the whole world was granted with offers on enlarging one part or tightening another, getting one time offers or pushed a step closer towards losing those “last few poundsâ€
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ArgentDandelion » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Prompt: Facial cleanser.
Character: Ulrich

Ulrich sighed. His eyebrows were starting to itch again, and when his eyebrows itched, they twitched. What would Yumi think if she saw him with his eyebrows twitching around her? It already happened back on that XANA attack with the hornets, with Yumi....What would anyone think of his twitchy eyebrows?

Ulrich possessed no idea of why his eyebrows itched and twitched at inopportune times, or anytime at all. But he speculated it might have something to do with facial oils or dirt in pores, hence why he awkwardly asked his parents to send some facial cleanser to him. He unscrewed the top and found moist slips inside. He was not sure if there was any proper technique to apply them, whether they should be dabbed or folded, but it could not be that important so he simply swabbed them roughly all over his face, particularly around his eyebrows.

His mobile rung. With one hand still wet from the chemicals of the facial cleanser, he looked at the Caller ID.

Yumi.

His eyebrows twitched again.

Aargh.

Prompt: Falling over
Character(s): Jeremie
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

PreviousNext