Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:09 am

CL Collaborative Fanfic

All forum games go here. This is not for discussion of video games or any other kinds of games, though, so please put any such posts in General Discussion.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Should I upload this fanfic to FanFiction.Net?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 7

CL Collaborative Fanfic

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Not quite sure where to put this, so oh well...

It goes as such. I start off this fanfic with one sentence. Then the next poster adds another sentence to build upon mine. Then the next poster adds another sentence to build upon the previous, and so on and so forth.

Let's begin!

It was a dark and stormy night at Kadic Academy.

EDIT: It was only until just now that I had the idea that maybe, after we agree to a certain point in the fanfic being the end of a chapter, I can upload it to FanFiction.Net.

For the purpose, I've created a FF account called Lyoko Freak's CL Fanfic. The first chapter will be up by... soon. Everyone will be getting credit for their work. After I've confirmed that everything works, I will be PMing everyone with the information to log into this new account.
Last edited by TheAppleFreak on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Asantewaalrus » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:38 pm

(They're too many fun games going around here currently, I'm going to wither away from an overdose of happy—is it possibly to have a happiness induced coma?)

It was strange, but several of the students couldn't fall asleep for the life of them—the wind kept beating against the windows as if begging for access and the lights flickered as if questioning their use; it was dead silent on that dark and stormy night at Kadic Academy.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:40 pm

(Yes, I happen to be in one right now)

Only one student in the building was actively trying to stay awake, though his efforts were failing him- the room would swim before his eyes only to be thrown into sharp relief once more by a heavy thunderclap.
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:45 pm

It was a dark and stormy night at Kadic Academy. It was strange, but several of the students couldn't fall asleep for the life of them—the wind kept beating against the windows as if begging for access and the lights flickered as if questioning their use; it was dead silent on that dark and stormy night at Kadic Academy. Only one student in the building was actively trying to stay awake, though his efforts were failing him- the room would swim before his eyes only to be thrown into sharp relief once more by a heavy thunderclap.

That student wasn't doing homework, oh no - he was plotting something far more sinister.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:48 pm

:3.

The boy swayed back and forth on the edge of his dorm room bed, unused to the feeling of it beneath his equally unwieldy body.
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:50 pm

It was a dark and stormy night at Kadic Academy. It was strange, but several of the students couldn't fall asleep for the life of them—the wind kept beating against the windows as if begging for access and the lights flickered as if questioning their use; it was dead silent on that dark and stormy night at Kadic Academy. Only one student in the building was actively trying to stay awake, though his efforts were failing him- the room would swim before his eyes only to be thrown into sharp relief once more by a heavy thunderclap.

That student wasn't doing homework, oh no - he was plotting something far more sinister. The boy swayed back and forth on the edge of his dorm room bed, unused to the feeling of it beneath his equally unwieldy body.

It might not have been a boy, though; the figure blended into the night all too well.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:53 pm

There was a groan, or, something close to a groan—a croak? The swaying figure croaked, a spark flashed through the room before every single eletronic item flickered on. The radio roared, the lights glared, and the whole academy followed suit.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:58 pm

A muted pandaemonium broke out among the now-wide-awake boarders; eyes were rubbed, roommates were punched, questions were asked and left unanswered. The child did not appear to notice at all, though he could clearly hear his neighbors through the thin walls.

I. LOVE. THIS. THREAD.
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:01 pm

That student wasn't doing homework, oh no - he was plotting something far more sinister. The boy swayed back and forth on the edge of his dorm room bed, unused to the feeling of it beneath his equally unwieldy body. It might not have been a boy, though; the figure blended into the night all too well.

There was a groan, or, something close to a groan—a croak? The swaying figure croaked, a spark flashed through the room before every single eletronic item flickered on. The radio roared, the lights glared, and the whole academy followed suit. A muted pandaemonium broke out among the now-wide-awake boarders; eyes were rubbed, roommates were punched, questions were asked and left unanswered. The child did not appear to notice at all, though he could clearly hear his neighbors through the thin walls.

The only sign he had any inkling of what was going on was the malicious grin slowly spreading across his face, and the trail of smoke eminating from underneath his door.

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:03 pm

The smoke twisted, making an almost disgusting sound as it morphed and grew into what looked like an anthromorphic mass of black.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 pm

It spread through all of the halls of the dorm, not invisible but mostly ignored, as it fed on the sounds of the confusion, every word of every argument and every shred of tired agony.

The child felt them. Saw them, heard them, felt them. And the child felt nothing.
Carth offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:11 pm

The lack of attention, though enjoyable, got annoying after so long. Yearning for some form of engrossment, the figure lashed out towards the closest student, engulfing them in an invisible black.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:14 pm

This child - not a child at all - fed on the palpable fear as the student screamed into the black. Soon he fell prone to the floor, now quieted. The boy - not a boy but a monster - went searching for more.

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:29 pm

For what felt like the hundredth time that night, several students jumped as their heard a rough thud and a meek scream. As if on cue—in unison—several shrill screams pitched through the halls at the sight of a limp arm peeking from a corner. Choruses of 'Oh my gods!' and 'What's going on?!' whipped back and forth, mixing in with the bits of delicious of confusion—the boy—the figure—the being was ecstatic.

(God, barely up for an hour and two-hundred views... most of those are probably from me and my excitement. D:<)
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:49 pm

That student wasn't doing homework, oh no - he was plotting something far more sinister. The boy swayed back and forth on the edge of his dorm room bed, unused to the feeling of it beneath his equally unwieldy body. It might not have been a boy, though; the figure blended into the night all too well.

There was a groan, or, something close to a groan—a croak? The swaying figure croaked, a spark flashed through the room before every single electronic item flickered on. The radio roared, the lights glared, and the whole academy followed suit. A muted pandemonium broke out among the now-wide-awake boarders; eyes were rubbed, roommates were punched, questions were asked and left unanswered. The child did not appear to notice at all, though he could clearly hear his neighbors through the thin walls. The only sign he had any inkling of what was going on was the malicious grin slowly spreading across his face, and the trail of smoke emanating from underneath his door.

The smoke twisted, making an almost disgusting sound as it morphed and grew into what looked like an anthromorphic mass of black. It spread through all of the halls of the dorm, not invisible but mostly ignored, as it fed on the sounds of the confusion, every word of every argument and every shred of tired agony.

The child felt them. Saw them, heard them, felt them. And the child felt nothing.

The lack of attention, though enjoyable, got annoying after so long. Yearning for some form of engrossment, the figure lashed out towards the closest student, engulfing them in an invisible black. This child - not a child at all - fed on the palpable fear as the student screamed into the black. Soon he fell prone to the floor, now quieted. The boy - not a boy but a monster - went searching for more.

For what felt like the hundredth time that night, several students jumped as their heard a rough thud and a meek scream. As if on cue—in unison—several shrill screams pitched through the halls at the sight of a limp arm peeking from a corner. Choruses of 'Oh my gods!' and 'What's going on?!' whipped back and forth, mixing in with the bits of delicious of confusion—the boy—the figure—the being was ecstatic.

The figure's excitement caused all the electricals int he building to burn supernova bright, then short out, not to return. The screams reneweed up and down the halls as students (save one unconscious in the hallway) scrambled in the dark. The figure, more opaque than the darkness around it, shifted from smoke to boy and back, toying with the emotions in the air as it toyed with its form. What to do, what to do?

(Thoughts in italics. Someone else please compile the story thus far; I do not have time at work right now).

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:07 am

He lifted his hand, as if studying the unfamiliar form. A spark of electricity, no longer at home in one of his neighbor's lamps, bounced from fingertip to wisp to fingertip. He rubbed his hands together, watching with glee as the sparks flew around his human limbs.

Finally, he was ready.
Carth offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:16 am

"Okay, okay, what's going on?"

Kadic Academy was lucky enough to have a backup system, alongside that backup system came a very tired, very annoyed gym teacher. Likely just as tired—if not more—than the students, Jim walked through the halls, the lights switching on with each step. "What's with all the ruckus? Do you know what time it is?" The question wasn't directed towards anyone in particular, but the instant his tired eyes caught on to something seemingly suspicious, Jim made way to a student that was just too happy, his hand reaching out for said's student arm. "Exucse me, mister—mister—"

He tried to sound high and mighty, but he was just too tired. Jim settled on rubbing his eyes.
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:47 am

"Hm?" The student turned slowly toward the gym teacher, making it all too clear that there were about a thousand things he would rather be doing. Jim recoiled slightly, but then reconsidered it- maybe he was just too tired to recognize this child. Everything about him seemed wispy, ghostly, real and yet unreal. His hair seemed to float about his face like smoke, and his eyes were a light grey, flat and expressionless. He was dressed in a simple pair of pajamas. The dissonant smile that had annoyed him had not faded, nor did it show any signs of doing so in the near future.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:42 am

...I had no idea this thread would be so popular! I is now very happy. :D

"Jim, you imbecile! Can't you see what time of the morning it is?! I was just about to go to sleep, when, in your stupidity, you stopped me from enjoying a good night's rest for my exam tomorrow!" the student harshly retaliated. Jim didn't completely buy it, but chalked it up as a response induced by the unpleasant sensation of being woken up so early. The smile had not dissipated throughout the scolding, which unnerved Jim slightly. The fact that the boy's voice seemed slightly distorted was also unnerving.

EDIT: I think that I will upload everything from "dark and stormy night" to the power coming back on.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:26 am

How is it my fault?

Whatever was biting at the back of Jim's mind was ignored, he was tired, he wanted to get back to bed and he wanted to make sure everyone got back to their forms safely. He repressed a snarl way of the student, trying to hover over him in a play of intimidation before turning on the ball of his foot. "Get back to your dorm," he yawned, failing to retort with the same amount of venom he had received before.

"Don't order me around!"

Half-way down the hall, Jim looked over his shoulder, raising his brow—that was enough to wake him up. "Excuse me?"
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:44 am

The boy, now stopped in his tracks, was still looking at him, his smile ever so slightly wider. For someone who had insisted on his sleep, he didn't appear keen on returning to his dorm.

"You don't know what you're dealing with," he retorted, in an unreal whisper that was closer to a snarl. "And if did know, you wouldn't speak to me like that at all."

(as for an upload, only if you gave us all proper credit!)
Carth offline

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:00 am

JIM: ORLY?
KID: YARLY?
UNCONSCIOUS!KID: SRSLY?!

Jim, turning completely to face the snarky child—fighting for the last word, he hated that—crossed his arms over his chest, his face scrunching up into a disgusted look (which, in Jim's mind, disgust brought out fear) before he took a few slow steps forward. "Really?" he said, that irritating grin of the boy's widening; Jim rolled his eyes.

The backup lighting flickered, all of the lights exploding from down the hall from each ends. Students jumped and screamed again, the lights stopped just short of Jim and his opponent. Jim's mouth opened to say something—to question the light's behavior, to question the student's behavior—but before he could, he was struck with stupidity. Once again the student was engulfed in black smoke, and before Jim could blink, a huge figure hovered over him, smoke and electricity licking at his skin.

"Really."

(I'm sort of up for the upload, but once we get everything squared away and whatnot should we have an editing party? Just to fix random errors, the flow, and whatnot? : 3 If we do that, I'm game!)
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:16 pm

Thin, swift tendrils of smoke snaked into his ears, wrapping themselves round his mind. He heard the boy speak again, though he, along with the rest of the hall, had vanished. It wasn't even a voice, even- it echoed inside his mind, as though he himself had invented it.

"Fear," the voice said. "Terror, confusion, pain, submission. I did it all, and I can do it whenever I want, and whatever way I desire, now that I have the power. I can see your thoughts, you know, and how pitiful they are. Your setbacks. Your regrets. Things you'd rather lock away. I have none of that, none at all."

The voice grew louder, as if tightening its hold. "Now, listen to me, and listen well. You never saw me. You never heard a word I said. You walked down the hall, and you met no one. All was well. All is well."

I went into the title and fixed the capitalization; it was bothering me. Obtw this fic is getting epic.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Jim's screams were heard all throughout the campus, but unfortunately, the only people that could help were not present. And even if they had been present, it would have been too late.

Okay, I made the FF account, and as I said in the first post, I'll PM you three with information. Then, as Asa said, we should do an editing party. And yes, everyone will be given credit for their work. More information will be in the PM.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:31 pm

When a group of students found Jim moments later, he was lying spread-eagled in the hall, wide-eyed, but unconscious. He woke half an hour later in the infirmary, completely unaware of where he was, where he had been, or that he had fallen over or screamed. A headache and some nausea aside, he had no severe complaints that anyone could see, and was released to do his duties as usual.

Further inspection of both the primary electrical system and the backup generator revealed that both were in perfect working order, and had been the whole night.
Carth offline

Next