Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:09 pm

Make Up Your Own Funny Scenes

All forum games go here. This is not for discussion of video games or any other kinds of games, though, so please put any such posts in General Discussion.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Make Up Your Own Funny Scenes

Postby Astro-Xana » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:24 pm

This is a topic where you can post any funny scenes that you've made up, whether they be from other animes/cartoons or altered scenarios or even scenarios of your own.
Last edited by Astro-Xana on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Taelia » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:03 pm

:rofl2:

Oh, these are great! I can just picture those scenes actually happening. XD

I have a reworked version of "Maiden Voyage", by the way.

---

During gym class, Jim has Jeremie climb the rock wall, which Jeremie fails miserably at. Jim is able to catch him when he does fall down. While lamenting it during lunch, the subject changes to the Skid, which Aelita and Jeremie have been fine-tuning. Jeremie's not willing to test it quite yet, but is pressured into it by the others. Before they can head to the factory, the principal announces that a water main break near the school is broken and that school is cancelled for the rest of the day, providing the perfect excuse to leave. However, the drnking water is also contaminated with dirt from the water main break.

At the factory, Jeremie explains that the digital sea is the random data flowing through the internet, joining all the physical networked devices together. Lyoko is suspended within it by a large bubble. He then sends his friends to Lyoko for a dry run of the Skid. Aelita pilots the main body of the ship while Odd, Ulrich, Sissi, William, Suzanne, Jim, Emily, Michael, Herve, Nicholas, Naomi, and Yumi pilot detachable mini-ships called Navi-Skids. Everything goes according to plan, ending with the Skid hovering over the digital sea. Not willing to end the test just yet, Aelita and Odd pressure Jeremie into going into the sea itself. Though confident that something will likely go wrong, Jeremie agrees.

Diving into the digital sea, the Skid emerges from a dock located on the bottom of Lyoko's "bubble". Beyond that is a large, upside-down city, the individual buildings assumed to be networked databases by Aelita. Though the trip goes well at first, things go wrong when Jeremie tries to recall them. The Skid's navigation system fails and it drops off the radar. Unable to properly debug the program with what he has on hand, Jeremie heads back to the school to retrieve a special program for that purpose.

During Jeremie's absence, the digital sea suddenly turns red and ominous. Sailing about randomly, Aelita stumbles upon what looks to be Lyoko's sphere, but quickly discovers that is in fact a completely different sphere. Upon this discovery, two half-piranha/half-eel creatures swim into view, a small pod in their blue tails marked with the eye of Xana. This last fact goes unnoticed by the group. Aelita begins wildly swerving through the buildings in an attempt to lose them.

At the school, Jeremie finds the dorms blocked. Unable to get to his room by conventional means, Jeremie is forced to climb up the building and scale the roof. He makes it out also, with relative ease.

At the factory, Aelita's evasive maneuvers in the Skid, though effective, are draining its energy levels quickly, and at the rate it's going Jeremie's debugging program won't finish in time. To buy more time, he has Aelita detach the mini-ships so Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi can fight the eels off. The eels, however, are quite fast, and easily dodge the torpedoes fired at them. Yumi manages to destroy one before Jeremie repairs the Skid's navigational systems. With navigation back on line, Aelita recalls the three mini-ships and leaves the remaining eel behind.

In the lab, the group discusses the Lyoko copy they found earlier. Jeremie surmises that Xana must have built it using the data he stole from Aelita, but the purpose of doing so remains unclear. Unwilling to investigate it because of his adventure at the school, Jeremie decides that they all should get some sleep. When Odd complains that Jeremie hasn't even done anything strenuous, Jim says that he did do something strenuous, twice in one day. Odd proceeds to correctly guess it anyway, but as expected only Jim believes that Jeremie actually did it.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:39 pm

Isn't that... exactly what happened, Taelia? I mean, except for the part with Jim catching Jeremie.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:44 pm

I told you, it a reworked version.

I like the Static one the best! XD It's funny!
Last edited by Taelia on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby jaimehlers » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:48 pm

Sorry, but I couldn't see any of Astronomical X.A.N.A.'s scenes being funny. It's hard to understand why Odd would even be yelling about being hungry if the situation were dire enough for the kids to use a RTTP. Not to mention the whole "scraggly hair" bit. To be fair, humor doesn't always have to make sense, but it's usually better if it does. In other words, this seems pretty much like gag humor, and Code Lyoko doesn't need more gag humor than it already has in my book.

Regarding the second one...come on, music that's really static? That makes even less sense than the "scraggly hair" thing. Besides, it's overdone. Jokes are not funny when they're repeated too much, and beating the viewer over the head with the idea that the characters in the show are funny because they're enjoying listening to static isn't really going to work. And the last part makes no sense at all.

Regarding the third, "your mama" jokes are not exactly humorous. Without trying to be rude, I really don't think a scene which consisted solely of one of the characters telling your mama jokes to other characters (and with them apparently cracking up) would be particularly funny.

EDIT--Taelia, I figured out that you were referring to your version of CL rather than the canon version, and that's fine, but you might want to state that you're not basing it off of the canon next time. Otherwise you get people (like me), who think you're going from the canon version and get confused. I still think it would be a bad idea for all those people to go on a test run all at once like that, though. The Skidbladnir isn't even designed to hold more than five people, so they'd either be packed in like sardines or the Skidbladnir would be too large to be maneuverable (even in the virtual world, mass still has an effect on maneuverability).

Also, I'm not entirely sure of your reasoning behind having it be a water main break rather than a fire drill, especially since that change would have made the events in the episode impossible (if he couldn't even get into the dorms, how is he going to get to the roof? Not like he has a 50-foot ladder available).

EDIT--Consider these to be constructive criticism. I'm not trying to shoot down your ideas, but pointing out things that don't seem to work in them.
Last edited by jaimehlers on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Malkmusian » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:55 pm

It is, but she twisted it.

Well, here's my funny scenes (may contain in-jokes and weird, Frank Zappa-esque humor):

Imagine Aelita waking up in the morning, sleeping for bread, when suddenly, she gets up and opens the closet to find a 1980s-esque outfit and none of her old ones, so she says, "Stupid redesigns" and puts on the outfit in disgust.

Imagine Odd purposely failing a test so he can go to Montana to raise a crop of dental floss.

Imagine Aelita hitting on William.

Imagine that one day, Ulrich decides to break open a Carl's Jr. vending machine to get some EXTRA BIG A** FRIES and EXTRA BIG A** TACOS!!! (That's from Idiocracy) Reference material (contains some language)

Imagine if Aelita breaks her fingers while being devirtualized and then the guys who brought you the Cosby Rap start rapping to her. She then goes crazy and yells, "OH, WILL YOU SHUT UP?" and kicks them with her bare foot, as she had gone out to the pool and ran over to the factory to do crap.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:57 pm

Sorry, AX. :(
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby jaimehlers » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:03 pm

I'm not very good at making funny scenes, but here's one which might be a little humorous.

Basically, Odd is busy programming something on a computer while Jeremie watches, feeling useless. Then, they go to Lyoko to test out the program, except that Jeremie goes in Odd's place (and since he's not very athletic or inclined to be that way), and he keeps messing up. Everyone laughs at him, and then he wakes up, and decides not to have any more snacks right before bed.

*shrug* I'm better at criticism than at humor, I think.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:04 pm

I'm just no good at this. ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby jaimehlers » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:13 pm

Taelia wrote:I'm just no good at this. ;__;

Who says I am? *points to own attempt at a funny scene* I'm just pointing out stuff I've noticed...in an attempt to help you become better at it. Criticism (at least constructive or good criticism) isn't meant to tear someone down or make them feel bad, it's meant to help point out flaws that the person may not have noticed in an attempt to help them improve.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:27 pm

Oh. Thank you.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:48 pm

jaimehlers wrote:*shrug* I'm better at criticism than at humor, I think.
Last edited by Astro-Xana on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:50 pm

AX, umm, it's criticism. You're not supposed to critisize criticism. you chew it, swallow it, and absorb it. you don't spit it back out and demand a refund.

Postby Astro-Xana » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:56 pm

AngelBolt wrote:AX, umm, it's criticism. You're not supposed to critisize criticism. you chew it, swallow it, and absorb it. you don't spit it back out and demand a refund.
Last edited by Astro-Xana on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:59 pm

STOP!!

This is not gonna solve anything. Let's just get back on topic before it's blocked.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby jaimehlers » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:47 pm

In the interest of not continuing an argument, all I intend to say is that I wasn't "sent" to do anything here. I have my own opinions about things, and I don't apologize for stating those opinions, but the simple fact is that they are still opinions and if they person they're directed at doesn't like them, they're under no obligation to listen to them.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Carth » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:56 pm

Amen. Now shut up and get to teh funny.

- Ok...so, the gang goes into Sector 5 to confront Xanliam... and they find a panel that has a 'do not disturb' sign taped over it. Ordinarily, do not disturb signs are not found in Sector 5. So of course, they disturb. Behind it, they find Xanliam, in boxer shorts (black with a lil XANA icon on the butt), sleeping on the floor. They stare at him, and he wakes up. He mumbles something that sounds vaguely like 'get'm', and...they die. YES.

- Odd randomly sneaks into Lyoko after hours with a stereo, virtualizes himself, and tries to give the monsters dance lessons. You can imagine from here.

Not teh funny, I knows.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:59 pm

Okay, now THAT is funny! :*D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reesane » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:05 pm

One day, XANA randomly matteralises himself, walks up to jeremie, and punches him in the "sensitive area" and screams "YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OVER A YEAR OF MY PAIN AND SUFFURING!".
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:05 pm

Heh, now that will cause more than a year of pain or suffering...

Postby Malkmusian » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:08 pm

Now imagine THIS!!

- Ulrich going to a meeting for a hotel with Aelita and Odd and they end up being there for a short time, as it is the Mitch Hedberg joke ("I got my heart set on Quadruple Tree!" "We were almost there!")

- Aelita and the gang outside, in formal clothers, waiting for the prom, with the Aelita/William pairing (my favorite for some reason), until some Leo Kottke song plays and a bunch of armadillos chase after the gang, especially the Aelita/William pairing, so Aelita has to run in flip-flops and you know how hard that is to do that without blowing that out, do ya?
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby jaimehlers » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:16 pm

Mahree wrote:Amen. Now shut up and get to teh funny.

- Ok...so, the gang goes into Sector 5 to confront Xanliam... and they find a panel that has a 'do not disturb' sign taped over it. Ordinarily, do not disturb signs are not found in Sector 5. So of course, they disturb. Behind it, they find Xanliam, in boxer shorts (black with a lil XANA icon on the butt), sleeping on the floor. They stare at him, and he wakes up. He mumbles something that sounds vaguely like 'get'm', and...they die. YES.

- Odd randomly sneaks into Lyoko after hours with a stereo, virtualizes himself, and tries to give the monsters dance lessons. You can imagine from here.

Not teh funny, I knows.

They both got me to chuckle, so there must be some humor in there somewhere. And I could actually see Odd trying something like that too.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Reesane » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:17 pm

As Ulrich's dad yells at him in final round, A doseon or so fans walk on screan and..... Well, you can probubly guese...
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Astro-Xana » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:17 pm

jaimehlers wrote:In the interest of not continuing an argument, all I intend to say is that I wasn't "sent" to do anything here. I have my own opinions about things, and I don't apologize for stating those opinions, but the simple fact is that they are still opinions and if they person they're directed at doesn't like them, they're under no obligation to listen to them.
Last edited by Astro-Xana on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Malkmusian » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:21 pm

jaimehlers, everybody has their own sense of humor. I do and I show it a lot. You do, but you criticize other people's sense of humors. I thought AX's jokes were actually random and hilarious at the same time, knowing that I've watched the "Static" video on YouTube.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Next