Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:50 pm

The ULTIMATE Addicting Game... N!

All forum games go here. This is not for discussion of video games or any other kinds of games, though, so please put any such posts in General Discussion.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The ULTIMATE Addicting Game... N!

Postby Jeremified » Fri May 04, 2007 11:47 pm

N Game is an award-winning freeware game that uses an excellent physics simulator, increasingly difficult levels (500 in all O__o), and a custom level editor. In the game, you are portrayed as a ninja with an incredible amount of agility... unfortunately, your lifespan is just under 1.5 minutes. Gold makes you happy, as it does with all ninjas, and increases your time limit (time 'til death).

===Download Site===
===N User Maps Archives===
===Forums===
And now, some of my details:
==My custom maps==
I'm Gforce20 on the forums.

(If you want in-depth details on the game, read the text below:)
The game has 100 episodes, broken up into 5 levels each. You start with all multiples of 10 unlocked (and 0, which is debatably not a power of 10...); when you beat a level, you go to the next, and beating an episode unlocks the one in front of it. Complete an entire column (0-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc.) and you get a special surprise.

There is a wide array of enemies, ranging from those as simple as explosive mines to drones with complex algorithms. There are two turret enemies: gauss and homing missile launcher. Gauss turrets, upon seeing you, send out a small beam that tracks you. When it gets close enough, it will fire a lethal dose of uranium at supersonic speeds towards you. Homing turrets fire heat-seeker missiles; they'll explode on contact with most solid objects, including you.

Thumps, mines and floorguards are among the outcasts- neither drone nor turret. Thwumps are very similar to the Thwomps in Super Mario 64, except these use electricity and pulverization to kill you, and three of their four sides are harmless. Mines simply explode on contact. Floorguards stand on the floor and chase you at high speeds when you get within their reach.

There are three drones: zap, laser and chaingun. Zap drones move around quickly and electricute you if you get too close. Some even have heatseeking abilities. Laser drones are slower and harmless to touch, but when they see you they will charge up their laser and fire a deadly red beam. Chaingun drones are slightly faster than lasers; they act like slow machine guns.

The ninja himself has many moves and abilities. Running side to side is the most obvious power. Jumping can be acheived by using the Shift button. The longer you hold the jump (Shift) button, the higher you'll jump. If you're next to a wall, you'll be able to wall-jump off of it. Wallsliding happens when you press against a wall while falling. This decreases your speed of descent, which is good, since falling too far can be bad.

Objects aren't just enemies; they are also interactable items that the ninja can use. Doors and switches are fairly common. A door may be a regular sliding door that opens for you, but not enemies. It may also be a locked door that requires a key to open. Furthermore, some doors are invisible until a switch closes them. Gold increases your time, as previously stated. There are a few platforms you can stand on, other than the boundaries themselves: these include bounce blocks and one-way walls. The exit requires a switch as well; touching it moves you on to the next level!

Tiles are reqular walls. Since N is a tile-based game, there are 34 pieces you can lock together to make what is known as a tileset, which can then be used with objects to make a level. There are basic fully-filled walls and empty spaces, as well as six types of slopes, eight curvy tiles, and four half-tiles.

The in-game editor gives you full access to all of the above. You can then paste these into a file called userlevels.txt, along with its very own title. You can even make demos that save a replay using this feature, called Debug Mode.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat May 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Sorry j-fied, I think this could go in general discussion, as it isn't a real forum game.

OMG a linux version? Sweet!

Never mind, I luvv thish game!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Jeremified » Wed May 23, 2007 11:13 pm

Well, I've had all my other topics about computer games moved into this forum, so...

By the way, I've beaten every single episode except for 88 and 89.
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu May 24, 2007 4:02 pm

I just go in practice mode and press enter all the time.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Jeremified » Thu May 24, 2007 9:04 pm

xD You cheater.

By the way, check out my maps here. Hopefully you've figured out how it works.
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak