Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

FAQ #11: What qualifies a post as spam? Why is spam bad?

All For One: Read the rules before you post. It makes things easier. Also, if you have a question, it might be in the FAQ here.

Moderator: The Administrators

FAQ #11: What qualifies a post as spam? Why is spam bad?

Postby Star Way » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:01 pm

Spam takes many shapes and forms, and often users don't even know that they're doing it when they are. So, if you aren't sure whether or not your post is legal here, just check through this list of post topics that are not allowed.

1. <b>Threads that are typed in heavy internet shorthand.</b> The occasional and accidental typo is fine, but when you never capitalize, you never punctuate, and you mistake the number keys as letters, we have an issue with that. (See <a href="http://lyokofreak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=948">this thread</a> for more details.)

2. <b>Username changes/Returning to the forum after having been gone for a long time.</b> Because we don't care. Put a little note in your signature if you must. Anything else will be locked or deleted.

3. <b>RPGs.</b> LF has been around for quite a while now, and we know for a fact that RPGs never go anywhere on this forum. All RPGs will be locked without notice and eventually deleted. Sorry.

4. <b>Text or images that stretch the page.</b> Always link to images over 300x300 pixels, and all links that are too long must be edited to not stretch the page like so:

RIGHT: [url=http://www.whatever.com/really really ridiculously long link]Link text[/url]

WRONG: http://www.whatever.com/long-link-that- ... e-page-out

5. <b>Multiple posts in a row created by the same user.</b> (AKA double/triple-posting.) There are a few instances where it's acceptable for someone to make several posts in a row, but just to avoid trouble please assume your situation is not one of them. The edit button, located in the upper-right hand corner of your post can be used if you decide you need to add something onto what you already said.

6. <b>Anything else off-topic for the thread or forum you're in.</b> I think this one is pretty self-explainatory.

7. <b>Threads that have already been created and discussed.</b> Before you post, it's a good idea to use the search tool to try and find a thread like yours that has already been created. If there has already been a thread like the one you want to post, creating a new one in most cases is spam. If not, go ahead and post.

Spam is bad because it's ugly, pointless, and takes forever to sift through before finding relevant information. Users that do it get in a lot of trouble, so I would not recommend testing our patience.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin