Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 pm

FAQ #10: Signatures (HowTo)

All For One: Read the rules before you post. It makes things easier. Also, if you have a question, it might be in the FAQ here.

Moderator: The Administrators

FAQ #10: Signatures (HowTo)

Postby Star Way » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:38 pm

I suppose techically this both is and isn't a Frequently Asked Question, because, well, it isn't a question, but it is frequent because it does seem to find it's way into my PM inbox every so often.

First off: to have colorful text, images, links, or whatever else in your signature, all you have to do is use BBCode. (Just like you would in a normal post to the forum.) You can also use limited HTML, though it's rather inconvenient because you can only use <b>, <i>, <u>, and <s>. (Aside from <s>, you may as well just use the BBCode equivalents.)

Note that you can also use emoticons in your signature in the same way you would in a normal post.

Secondly, you may have seen people with images in their signature. This is fine, but please follow these guidelines if you're going to have one:

1. Don't use images that would be against the forum rules. (So like, keep all your profanity and hentai screenshots to yourself... okay? Okay.)

2. Please don't use gigantic images. It's really irritating, especially when it makes the page stretch. (In fact, if it makes the page stretch at all, I'll ask you to take it down. ^^)

I think that's about it... as usual, direct any further questions to me. Oh, by the way.... No, I will not make you a signature image or icon. :)
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin